Sec-6. Term of office and conditions of service of members of the Board.―
(1) The term for which the Board may be reconstituted under section 5A shall be three years from the date of the reconstitution and the Chairman and other members of the Board as so reconstituted shall hold office till the expiry of the term for which the Board has been so reconstituted.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1),― (a) the term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is such a member; (b) the term of office of a member elected or chosen under clause (c), clause (e), clause (f), clause (g), clause (h) or clause (i) of section 5 to represent anybody of persons shall come to an end as soon as he ceases to be a member of the body which elected him or in respect of which he was chosen;
(c) the term of office of a member appointed, nominated, elected, or chosen to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of office of the member in whose place he is appointed, nominated, elected, or chosen;
(d) the Central Government may, at any time, remove for reasons to be recorded in writing a member from office after giving him a reasonable opportunity of showing cause against the proposed removal and any vacancy caused by such removal shall be treated as a casual vacancy for the purpose of clause (c).
(3) The members of the Board shall receive such allowances if any, as the Board may, subject to the previous approval of the Central Government, provided by regulations made on this behalf.
(4) No act done or proceeding taken by the Board shall be questioned on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution of, the Board and in particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, during the period intervening between the expiry of the term for which the Board has been reconstituted under section 5A and its further reconstitution under that section, the ex officio members of the Board shall discharge all the powers and functions of the Board.]
Sec-7. Secretary and other employees of the Board.―
(1) The Central Government shall appoint 2 *** the Secretary of the Board.
(2) Subject to such rules as may be made by the Central Government in this behalf, the Board may appoint a such number of other officers and employees as may be necessary for the exercise of its powers and the discharge of its functions and may determine the terms and conditions of service of such officers and other employees by regulations made by it with the previous approval of the Central Government.
Sec-8. Funds of the Board.―The funds of the Board shall consist of grants made to it from time to time by the Government and of contributions, donations, subscriptions, bequests, gifts, and the like made to it by any local authority or by any other person.